- Lazyload Make your site load faster by loading only a image instead of the entire video player on pageload.
- Lazyload > Lightbox Shows the Video in a Lightbox after clicking a preview image.
- Link > Lightbox Use simple links as triggers for lightboxed videos.
- Prevent video hosts to lead your visitors away from your site! by disabling links in embedded video players. For example: A click on a title in a YouTube embed will not open a new tab. [ngt_info text=”Note right click on links still works and this also breaks sharing functionality.” /]
- Automatic or custom thumbnail images and titles. [ngt_info text=”Automatic depends on provider support, see table below. Custom titles and thumnails are always possible.” /]
- Expand on click.
- Show the latest video of a YouTube channel by using the channel URL (updated/cached hourly)
- Responsive thumbnails.
- Automatic or custom thumbnail images.
- Automatic or custom titles displayed on top of your thumbnails.
- Two hover styles and two play icon styles to choose from.
- Support my over five years work on the plugin and addons.
Choose Your License
30 Days Money Back Guarantee on initial subscription.All purchase options are billed yearly. You may cancel your subscription at any time. Addons subject to yearly license for support and updates.
Embed Videos like the professionals do it. This technique is utilized by many big websites.
The iframe embed method loads a entire website from the video host. A YouTube embed page is a whopping 561.9 kb huge on top of additional http requests the browser needs to load the iframe(s). So your page is basically loading another website inside your website for every video you embed. This is very bad for performance reasons especially on slow connections. ARVE Pro loads a chunk of HTML with useful SEO data and a thumbnail image instead. The video is only loaded when the user clicks in the thumbnail so your site finish loading fast.
Lazyload > Lightbox
Shows the Video in a Lightbox after clicking a preview image.
Link > Lightbox
Lets you easy setup links like this oneThis movie was shot during our 20 days trip to Antarctica in December 2014 to January 2015. We started from Ushuaia in Argentina and went to Port Williams in Chile, rounded Cape Horn and crossed the Drake Passage towards the Melchior Islands in Antarctica. We spent 16 days in the Antarctic and got to experience the most amazing scenery and wildlife before we returned back to Ushuaia. Filmed with GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition and DJI Phantom 2, edited with Final Cut Pro X. Music from Music Bed with rights. Interested in the raw footage, do not hesitate to contact me. to open a lightbox.
Thumbnails in ARVE Pro does not necessary mean small images. You can set your own images. Most providers, which support automatic thumbnails also support HD thumbnail images and the ARVE Pro Addon will use HTML5 srcset visitors devices always the the right image size.
The image you see below is automatically requested from Vimeo and loaded fast from their servers.
Expand on Click
This is a demonstration of a left aligned lazyloaded video that has a maximum width set and will expand on click before loading the video (If screen space allows it).
What is Being worked on / Roadmap
- Lots of improved code fully embracing oembed and a more WP native way of handing embeds.
- Better caching.
- Support for automatic detection of aspect ratio when provider has oembed support.
- More play icon styles and possibly even new hover styles. (suggestions welcome)