- Lazyload Make your site load faster by loading only a image instead of the entire video player on pageload.
- Lazyload > Lightbox Shows the Video in a Lightbox after clicking a preview image.
- Link > Lightbox Use simple links as triggers for lightboxed videos.
- Prevent video hosts to lead your visitors away from your site! by disabling links in embedded video players. For example: A click on a title in a YouTube embed will not open a new tab. i
- Automatic or custom thumbnail images and titles. i
- Expand on click.
- Show the latest video of a YouTube channel by using the channel URL (updated/cached hourly)
- Responsive thumbnails.
- Automatic or custom thumbnail images.
- Automatic or custom titles displayed on top of your thumbnails.
- Two hover styles and two play icon styles to choose from.
- Support my over five years work on the plugin and addons.
Choose Your License
Embed Videos like the professionals do it. This technique is utilized by many big websites.
The iframe embed method loads a entire website from the video host. A YouTube embed page is a whopping 561.9 kb huge on top of additional http requests the browser needs to load the iframe(s). So your page is basically loading another website inside your website for every video you embed. This is very bad for performance reasons especially on slow connections. ARVE Pro loads a chunk of HTML with useful SEO data and a thumbnail image instead. The video is only loaded when the user clicks in the thumbnail so your site finish loading fast.
Thumbnails in ARVE Pro does not necessary mean small images. You can set your own images. Most providers, which support automatic thumbnails also support HD thumbnail images and the ARVE Pro Addon will use HTML5 srcset visitors devices always the the right image size.
The image you see below is automatically requested from Vimeo and loaded fast from their servers.
Expand on Click
This is a demonstration of a left aligned lazyloaded video that has a maximum width set and will expand on click before loading the video (If screen space allows it).
What is Being worked on / Roadmap
- Lots of improved code fully embracing oembed and a more WP native way of handing embeds.
- Better caching.
- Support for automatic detection of aspect ratio when provider has oembed support.
- More play icon styles and possibly even new hover styles. (suggestions welcome)