- Lazyload Make your site load faster by loading only a image instead of the entire video player on pageload.
- Lightbox Shows the Video in a Lightbox after clicking a preview image.
- Link > Lightbox Use simple links as triggers for lightboxed videos.
- Prevent video hosts to lead your visitors away from your site by disabling links in embedded video players. For example: A click on a title in a YouTube embed will not open a new tab. *
- Automatic or custom thumbnail images and titles.
- Expand on click.
- Support for automatic detection of aspect ratio when provider has oembed support.
- Auto Pause of videos as soon as another is played. (Requires Lazyload or Lightbox mode)
- Auto close lightbox when Video ends for YouTube, Vimeo and (self hosted) HTML5 Videos.
- Show the latest video of a YouTube channel by using the channel URL (updated/cached hourly)
- Responsive thumbnails.
- Automatic or custom thumbnail images.
- Automatic or custom titles displayed on top of your thumbnails.
- Two hover styles and two play icon styles to choose from.
- Support my over five years work on the plugin and addons.
Choose Your License
- All listed features
- Support in English or German
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
Embed Videos like the professionals do it. This technique is utilized by many big websites.
The iframe embed method loads a entire website from the video host. A YouTube embed page is a whopping 561.9 kb. So your page is basically loading another website inside your website for every video you embed. This is very bad for performance reasons especially on slow connections. ARVE Pro loads a chunk of HTML with useful SEO data and a thumbnail image instead. The video is only loaded when the user clicks on the thumbnail so your site will finish loading fast.
Shows the Video in a Lightbox after clicking a preview image.
Full-screen setting can put your website into full-screen mode when the lightbox opens:
- Stay full-screen after lightbox closes (used here).
- Exit full-screen when lightbox is closed.
- Do not use full-screen.
Link > Lightbox
Lets you easy setup links like this one to open a lightbox.
Thumbnails in ARVE Pro does not necessary mean small images. You can set your own images. Most providers, which support automatic thumbnails also support HD thumbnail images and the ARVE Pro Addon will use HTML5 srcset so visitors devices will always use the right image size.
The image you see below is automatically requested from Vimeo and loaded fast from their servers.
Expand on Click
This is a demonstration of a left aligned lazyloaded video that has a maximum width set and will expand on click before loading the video (If screen space allows it).
|Feature||WordPress Core||ARVE||ARVE Pro|
|Responsive Videos||Not in classic Editor||Yes||Yes|
|Seo Data||None||Yes, but requires manual entry||Yes, fills automatically|
|Custom Thumbnails||No||Yes, but not visible, only for SEO||Yes + hover effects|
|Custom Title||No||Yes, but not visible, only for SEO||Yes|
|Auto close Lightbox on video end||No||No||Yes|
|Expand on Click||No||No||Yes|
|Disable Opening of New Tabs||No||No||Yes|
|Provider||Works with video URL||Auto Thumbnail
|All providers with responsive iframe embed codes|
|14||mp4 or webm video files||✓|
|All providers with responsive iframe embed codes|
If you have any questions about the plugin feel free to ask. If you are already a customer please use the support site instead. (Gerne auch auf Deutsch)
- Fix: Thumbnail not showing up in certain situations.
- New: Tweak for?
- Compatibility with latest ARVE caching system.
- Fix: Lightbox compatibility with Divi.
- Fix: Invisible videos
- Improved: Corrected colors for Vimeo style play button.
- Improved: Simplified CSS and reduced size.
- Improved: Code improved and adjusted to ARVE 9.3.0
- Fix: Wrong version check caused the plugin not working correctly.
- Adjustment to new ARVE.
- Fix: Removed no longer working Facebook auto thumbnail code.
- Fix: Vimeo play button style not clickable.
- Fix: vimeo play button line break issue.
- New: Vimeo play button style.
- Fix: Issue with thumbnail positioning.
- Fix: Error handling issue #2.
- Fix: Error handling issue.
- Fix: Some links not opening lightboxes.
- Fix: Thumbnail height calculation caused errors in some cases.
- Fix: Rebuild oembed cache after activation and version updates.
- New: Big Picture Lightbox script.
- New: Option to go fullscreen when opening lightbox, at optionally stay fullscreen even after closing it.
- New: (Only YouTube & Vimeo, HTML5) Go back to original preview after video ends.
- New: Auto-pause/auto-reset other videos when another video is played.
- New: Auto close Lightbox when Video ends (YouTube, Vimeo, HTML5 video)
- Improved: Dropped dependencies: jQuery, Lity Lightbox, Object-Fit Polyfill.
- Improved: Lots of code and build improvements.
- Improved: When aligned get expanded, their align class will be removed. When a video end is detected (only YouTube, Vimeo, HTML5 Video) the original state is restored.
- Note: PHP versions below 5.6 will no longer be tested and future versions will require at least PHP 5.6
- Improved: Updated 3rd party libs Mobile Detect, objectFitPolyfill and Lity.
- Improved: 3rd party assets are now loaded from jsDelivr CDN. If you do not want this you can load them from your site or let a CDN plugin pick them up with
add_filter( 'nextgenthemes_use_cdn', '__return_false' );inside a mu-plugin.
- Fix: Some auto thumbnail code was not working properly.
- Fix: Removes WordFence malware warning by removing a comment in Mobile Detect that pointed to a malware infected domain.
- This is also a test if the auto update process works for everyone, please let me know if you have issues.
- Improved: Updated Mobile Detect library.
- Fix: Thumbnails detection for YouTube playlists.
- Fix: Vimeo private videos showing 404 API errors instead of videos.
- Fix: Prevent a PHP notice.
- Improved: Renamed \"Grow on click\" to \"Expand on click\" in dialog. Better English right?
- Fixed: inview-lazyload not working correctly.
- New: \'volume\' attribute takes 1-100 for HTML5 video.
- Improved: Simplified the inview-lazyload option to on/off - was getting to complicated. On uses it when it makes sense (on all mobiles, and when there is no thumbnail detected or set).
- Improved: Scripts like inview and lity lightbox are now only loaded when they are actually needed.
- Improved: Pointer cursor when hovering over the thumbnails, for themes that do not already add it.
- Code needed for the new way ARVE handles sandbox
- Updated objectFitPolyfill
- Fix: Deals with other crappy coded plugins that load the Mobile_Detect class without checking if its already loaded.
- Improved: Make sure ARVE Pro always loads its own, possible more up to date version of Mobile_Detect
- Improved: Updated that Mobile_Detect class.
- Improved how aspect ratio is handled with HTML5 videos.
- Fix: Licensing storage mess. Some users may have to reenter their keys on the licensing page when updating form very old versions.
- Improved: Better Browser support by using Autoprefixer with the config from bootstrap
- Some minor code improvements.
- Fix: Broken CSS.
- Fix: Lightboxes with not html5 videos did not close.
- Fix: Lightboxes are now sized correctly.
- Fix: HTML5 videos in lightbox mode could not be opened twice.
- Improved: HTML5 video now automatically pauses when lightboxes are closes and resume when reopened.
- Improved: Now minified files are served when
- Improved: Removed incorrect href on
* Note right click on links still works to open them. Sharing functionality may depend on opening new tabs.