If you not like changes and are happy with the old version then do you can downgrade, there are still old versions available on Github versions before 5.9.1 (think 6.0.0 alpha).
I understand that crippling a plugins functionality is frowned upon thats why I give the plugin away for free for users who are used to the thumbnail and lazyload modes. Even with the old versions there! You should have a 100% discount code displayed on your settings page.
What has changed / What you need to do/know.
- Lazyload and Thumbnail mode are no longer part of WordPress.org free version of this plugin and need the Pro Addon activated alongside it.
- You must install the Pro Addon and enter the license key on your settings page to use and other mode then ‘normal’.
- You have to redo your options.
- Lazyload mode changed a bit, there is a new rectangle animation on hover and the video will grow to its container size in click. If there is a big demand for it I can introduce a option that will prevent the “grow on click” feature.
- ‘thumbnail’ mode is now called ‘lazyload-lightbox’ but the mode switches internally for you so you will not have to edit Shortcodes.
- After clicking ‘lazyload’ embeds with a limited width (maxwidth), they will now grow to fill the container they are in.
- There are 2 new experimental modes ‘lazyload-fullscreen’ and ‘lazyload-fixed’.
- There options page is tabbed now.
- jQuery Colorbox dependency is gone for good.
- Tons of internal code improvements that the general users will not notice.
- Please refer to the changelog and the plugin page for more.