The best WordPress plugin for videos? Supports close to everything you can imagine, still keeping it easy & simple.
It is very likely the one and only plugin you will ever need to handle video embeds on your WordPress site(s). It goes far beyond just making your videos responsive!
Simple • Lightweight • Responsive • Customizable
https://vimeo.com/124400795 on its own line will produce full responsive embeds. If you already use this with WordPress default, this is the perfect drop-in replacement to make everything responsive and much more, no need to do anything.
Extremely customizable with support for anything providers offer to customize embeds. Here we are starting the video at the 30 seconds mark, disable the fullscreen button and set the aspect_ratio to 21:9 to fit this demo video.
- ARVE is now SEO friendly. Letting you specify title, description, upload date to provide search engines with the schema.org data they like to have for better indexing.
- WYSIWYG Editor. No more messing arround with shortcodes and previewing.
- New improved dialog for embedding videos.
- Embeds via pasting the URL in its own line just like WordPress!
- Magigally makes those url embedded videos responsive
- No 'lock in' for the above' if you use providers WordPress already supports
- Supports almost every video hoster that supports iframe embed codes.
- Optionally use very powerfull Shortcodes instead
- One single button for all providers (for most providers not required because of URL embeds, but allows to create custom shortcodes with advanced features within seconds)
- Tries to be as unobtrusive as possible, sets ‘hide brand’ variables if supported, disabled related videos at the end … to help keep people on your Site rather then going to YouTube or keep watching videos.
- Clean shortcode syntax
[arve url="https://youtu.be/yUCFRL43Zm4"], no unnecessary shortcode wrapping.
- Autostart (for providers that support it, mobile browsers prevent this)
- Custom URL parameters to use all options providers offer
- Optional maximal width
- Video alignment
- Detailed description of options in-place.
- Custom aspect ratio
This plugin is financed by the awesome buyers of the Pro Addon. The development and support of this plugins has become a almost full time job for me so I hope you understand that I can not make all features gratis and that you purchase it to get extra features support the develoment.
- Feel good about yourself
for supporting my long time work on this plugin. Tons of hours, weekends … always worked on improving it 4+ years.
- Disable links in embeds (killer feature!)
For example: Clicking on a title in a YouTube embed will not open a new popup/tab/window. Prevent video hosters to lead your visitors away from your site! Note this also breaks sharing functionality and is not possible when the provider requires flash. Try it on this page. Right click on links still works.
- Lazyload mode
Make your site load faster by loading only a image instead of the entire video player on pageload.
- Lazyload -> Lightbox
Shows the Video in a Lightbox after clicking a preview image
- Link -> Lightbox
Use simple links as triggers for lightboxed videos
- Show the latest video of a youtube channel by using the channel URL (updated/cached hourly)
- Automatic or custom thumbnail images
- Automatic or custom titles on top of your thumbnails
- 'Grow on click' feature
- 3 hover styles
- 2 play icon styles to choose from
- Responsive thumbnails using cutting edge HTML5 technology
Pro Addon Feature Demonstration
You can also center videos, open them inside a Lightbox, define a custom thumbnail image and/or title and more.
- Auto Title Test
- Funny Or Die
- How to Enable Subtitles by Default for a YouTube Video.
- Lazyload Hover Effect Styles
- Lazyload Play Icon Styles
- Self Hosted Video
- SEO Ready Video
- Start at Specific Time
- TED Talks
- Temp Test
- Thumbnail Examples
- Video Alignment With Text
- Videos in Gallery (Grid System)
- Youtube + Vimeo
- Help Testing the Beta Version
- Migration Guide from Version 5.x.x to 6.x.x
Lazyloaded Preview Images in HD
Contrary to what you might think, thumbnail in ARVE Pro does not nessasary mean small images. You can set your own images. Most providers, which support automatic thumbnails also support HD thumbnail images and this plugin will use cutting edge HTML5 technology to pick the right size for your device. The image you see below is automatically requested from Vimeos API, cached and loaded fast from their servers
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Finally something that worksSo I have a responsive theme but on pages with you tube videos it wasn't making the you tube videos fit in the mobile screen. I have spent the last hour trying many plugins and researching on google and finally I installed this. And I didn't have to update any settings or anything just refreshed a post with videos and all the sudden it is beautiful and responsive on my mobile phone!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
review by happyecho
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Only Plug-in that workedI used a lot of high ranking plug-ins but they still broke my design. Downloaded this and worked right away. Thanks!
review by crconnell89
Video Host Support
The limiting factor of the following features is not ARVE but what the prividers offer.
|SSL||Requires Flash||Auto Thumbnail|
|All providers with responsive iframe embed codes|
|10||Funny or Die||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|41||HTML5 Video (in testing)||✓|
|All providers with responsive iframe embed codes|