- Quick Introduction and Demonstration
- Tests and Examples
- Having a Problem?
- Github Page
What it is
- Embeds via pasting the URL in its own line just like WordPress!
- Optionally use Shortcodes instead
- One single button for all providers (for most providers not required anymore since 3.0)
- Responsive embeds with CSS
- Unique thumbnail mode with Colorbox integration (lightbox)
- Tries to be as unobtrusive as possible (sets ‘hide brand’ variables to true if supported, uses youtube-nocookie embeds)
- Clean Shortcode syntax
[vimeo id="123456"]no ugly URLs, no unnecessary Shortcode wrapping.
- Autostart (for providers that support them)
- Custom URL Parameters to use all options providers offer
- Optional maximal width
- Video alignment
- General iframe support for any provider that not included that support responsive iframe embeds or any URL you with to display in a iframe.
- Detailed description of options in-place, also available translated into German, French and Spanish.
- Comedy Central
- dailymotion native thumbnail
- Funny or Die native thumbnail
URL, fake thumbnail, iframe
- MPORA native thumbnail
- TED Talks
- vimeo native thumbnail
- Yahoo Screen
- YouTube native thumbnail
|Only supported via Shortcode|
|iframe||General support for providers that offer iframe embed codes that can be displayed responsively.|
Responsible embeds automatically re-sized to 100% of your content area. You can set up a maximal width if you don’t want to let the video get bigger then you like it.
Sizing behaves like normal mode. Loading of the thumbnail image if supported and on click loading and autoplaying (if supported) the video. If Provider not supports native thumbnails this mode acts like normal mode accept that it forces autoplay=no.
- Thumbnail This requires jQuery Colorbox to be loaded. This simply transforms your Shortcodes into thumbnails and when you click on them it will open a big video in a Colorbox. It will get thumbnail images from providers that support them, currently this is Youtube, Dailymotion, Vimeo and Blip.tv for all other providers you have the option to emulate a thumbnail called “fake thumbnail” and load the actually video player in thumbnail size with a invisible link on top of it to open the Colorbox. If fake thumbnails are disabled, or not possible they are displayed as black videos or you can pick your own thumbnail image.
I would like if some developers would look at the code and giving some feedback.
Write a review if you like it
Despite that thousands of users use it without problems some testing always helps. Just try to break it by using all kinds of options/parameters/providers.
If something in those version goes wrong please report it and I hopefully will not release bugs to WordPress.org.
Special thanks goes to: